January 27, 2023
This agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered into on [Date] by and between Disco Tents Ltd and [Renter’s Name] (the “Renter”).
- Description of Equipment. The Owner hereby rents to the Renter the following equipment (the “Equipment”):
- Inflatable Disco Igloo/Cube
- Rental Period. The Equipment shall be rented to the Renter for the period of Start Date to End Date on the booking.
- The Renter must be aged 18 years or over, identification will be required on request.
- Rental Fees. The Renter shall pay the Owner the sum of the rental fees for the Equipment. The Rental Fees shall be paid in full before the delivery of the Equipment.
- Use of Equipment. The Renter shall use the Equipment in a careful and proper manner and shall not use the Equipment for any unlawful purposes.
- Disco Tents will supply the equipment to the Renter on the morning of the Start Date, the Renter must ensure they have permission to use the ground where the Equipment will be set up, the Renter must also be present at the location the Equipment is being delivered to. The Renter is not permitted to sub-let the Equipment. The Renter must also ensure there is space for Disco Tents to be able to safely transfer the Equipment, Disco Tents are unable to move the Equipment through a house. The Renter must ensure the ground it suitable for the inflatable to go on, for example, the inflatable would not be suitable to be set up on a woodland ground due to the high risk of sharp terrain damaging the Equipment. If the tent build is delayed or cancelled due to the site being ill prepared this may result in loss of the security deposit. Grass surfaces must be cut short and all debris including fouling by dogs must be removed prior to the build. After the Equipment is set up and the relevant safety checks have been carried out, the Renter will then sign a form to state they are happy with the setup and condition of the Equipment and also the weather conditions. Disco Tents monitor the weather forecast and always take appropriate action when extreme weather is forecast, however if on the Start Date the weather conditions at the location are not safe, due to unsafe weather of unsafe external environment factors, Disco Tents will re-arrange with the Renter to ensure the safety of all parties involved.
- The Renter agrees that they are responsible for ensuring they have the required space for the Equipment. The Renter also agrees that they will have the Equipment in a secure location. Power and access to power needs to be provided at the Renter’s cost, unless additional serviced have been paid for to secure this from Disco Tents. If this is not met, and the Disco Tents team are unable to set the inflatable up safely, the rental will be cancelled and you will lose your deposit without the ability to re-arrange for a later date free of charge.
- If Disco Tents suspects any of the above conditions in terms ‘6’ and ‘7’ have not been satisfied, Disco Tents reserves the right to cancel and not refund the security deposit, and 20% of the total fee.
- The Renter agrees to abide by the instructions when using the Equipment, such as: Before the event, Ensuring the surface is appropriate for the inflatables to go on, ensuring there is at least 1 meter space between the inflatable and any surrounding objects. During the event, adhere to the recommended capacity of the inflatables and ensuring this is not exceeded. Prevent obstruction to the entrance of the inflatable. Ensure physical force is not applied to the inflatable structure. Ensure any of the structure safety fittings are not tampered with , such as the fastenings to secure the inflatable to the ground. Ensure the blower/sockets are not tampered with when they are set up by the fitting team, doing so could expose them to the outside elements and cause damage. Report any damage/incidents to the fitting team on their arrival of picking up the equipment on the end date. Ensure there is no smoking in or around the inflatable structure. Ensure no smoking is permitted within at least 2 meters of the Equipment.
- A 20% deposit will be secured upon full payment, this is to be used to cover any damages that exceed the accepted general wear and tear.
- In the case of extreme weather, such as strong winds or heavy rain/snow, the booking will be cancelled, and Disco Tents will work with the Renter to secure an alternative date. However, in the extreme case that an alternative date is not taken by the Renter, the Renter will forgo their deposit.
- Return of Equipment. The Renter shall have the Equipment ready for collection on the agreed End Date in the same condition as when received, reasonable wear and tear excepted, any intentional damage such as slashing of the tent or damage from intentional physical contact will be paid to be repaired by the Renter, this also applies to excessive staining of the Equipment, such as drinks and food that may cause significant damage to the aesthetics of functionality of the Equipment. Ready for collection means that the tent will have been deflated, and covered using the covers given to protect the tent overnight from the weather, this applies to all equipment. It is the responsibility of the Renter to ensure this is done at the end of the night.
- Any damage to the Equipment will be charged to the Renter, as a result of the actions of Renter, including, physical damage to the Equipment and also condition of the equipment such as excessive dirt caused by the Renter. The hirer shall not use cooking equipment, lighting or electrical appliances or decorate the interior/exterior of the tent without prior consent from the Company. Any damage/soiling resulting in such use that may require repair or cleaning will be charged to the hirer.
- Public liability insurance is excluded in its entirety following any claim or injury to any third party or employee, whether directly or indirectly related to the use of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Renters may cancel bookings by giving a minimum of 28 days notice from the Rental Date, any less than this will forgo their 50% of their security deposit. Cancellations with less than 14 days to the Rental Date will forgo 100% of their security deposit. Refunds will be paid back to the account/method you used in the initial payment. Disco Tents reserves the right to not refund 100% of the total booking amount if the cancellation is made with less than 14 days.
- Upon collection, the Renter must disclose any incidents that made the Equipment unusable, such as the Equipment deflating and not inflating again through a fault with the Equipment. When the Disco Tents team collects the Equipment, the Renter will sign a waiver in which the Renter has declared they are satisfied with the service and so no reason to apply for a refund.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether oral or written.
- Amendments. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by a written instrument executed by both parties.
- Waiver. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of the right to enforce such provision.